Unsustainable energy consumption is taking a toll on the planet’s climate, eco-functions, and present (as well as future) well-being around the world. With so much work to be done, overseas environmental organizations specializing in renewable energy are frequently in need of volunteers to join their team.
Balkan Green Foundation (BGF) is a regional organization that promotes inclusive and equitable progress within the Western Balkans on sustainable development domain. Along with its partner organizations, BGF places a strong focus on advocating for solutions that promote development policies, which are in line with world’s latest developments, global challenges and national agendas for EU integration. Regional initiatives are undertaken on an ongoing basis to further convey BGF’s commitment towards regional sustainability, ensuring the strengthening and advancement of vital policies affecting key sectors, such as energy, environment, and economy.
BGF is successfully positioned as a key strategic partner for regional and global institutions, organizations, and communities in promoting sustainable development, transforming innovative concepts into powerful solutions, and strengthening regional and global partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write policy papers, articles and briefs
- Data collection, desk research and analysis
- Interview stakeholders
- Make conference presentations
- Liaise with government, academia/research institutions, private sector and CSOs on sustainable development issues
- Develop project proposals
- Contribute to the development of project scope in consultation with applicable stakeholders including external actors
- Manage project documentation
You can choose to contribute to one or more of the following projects:
Balkan Energy Prospect: Balkan Energy Prospect is among the tools created by Balkan Green Foundation with the idea to represent an open, powerful, and informative platform for discovering and analyzing the key insights accentuating the capacities of each Western Balkans country in terms of their respective energy sectors. Ultimately, this platform is drafted with the idea to offer a brief yet comprehensive reflection of the developments in the energy sector in each of the 6 countries of the Western Balkans, respectively Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
Empower - Engage - Build Ownership: Balkan Green Foundation is implementing a three-year project supported by the European Union Office in Kosovo. The project objective is to enable Kosovo‘s civil society sector to fulfill its role in the democratic environment by acting as independent interlocutors, monitoring public institutions, increasing accountability and transparency in policy development and decision making processes regarding concerns of communities and civil society groups in the area of environment preservation, green energy and sustainable economic growth.
Multi-Actor Partnership: Germanwatch and Balkan Green Foundation jointly started the initiative of planning the Multi-actor Partnership (MAP) project which tackles the transition of Kosovo's energy system, and in particular its electricity system, towards a more sustainable state, increasing the share of renewable energy, and improving local energy efficiency, - urgent issues with direct and indirect economic, ecologic, health and peace building consequences for at the 1.8 million citizens of Kosovo as well as the neighboring regions. The project effectively will foster a local multi-actor partnership as an ideal mean to create resonance and support from key local actors, to develop their own vision of a sustainable energy transition as a common societal project.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, sustainable energy, public policy, or international relations, master's degree preferred
- Relevant experience or equivalent academic training
- Familiarity with clean energy technologies, power systems, and energy markets
- Demonstrated academic writing record
- Familiarity with data structures and analytics
- Excellent skills in communication, collaboration, consultation and organization
- Objectivity, creativity and a pioneering spirit
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and a brief letter explaining why you are interested and how you believe you can assist our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org