Expert on economics and public finance in Kosovo
Reports to: Balkan Green Foundation
Date: 15 May 2020
Deadline: 31 May 2020
Balkan Green Foundation is implementing the 40-month long EU-funded project “GREEN CROSS – Towards Local Green Economies with Smart Investments” together with Qendra EDEN, Municipality of Has, and Klinë/Klina Municipality.
GREEN CROSS aims to contribute to an overall sustainable economic growth in the cross-border region by enabling transition of municipalities into the sustainable green economy through integrated policy, smart public investments and capacity development.
This project covers the costs of hiring one expert who will support the financial integration of green economy principles in the municipal budget of the Municipality of Klina. It includes developing the financial aspect of the Local Green Smart Investments Action Plan, monitoring budget savings, calculating the economic benefit, designing the incentive scheme, and supporting the municipal design of the plan. The costs include preparation and delivery of all these outputs and active participation and engagement in specific project activities support (GREEN CROSS project - Towards Local Green Economies with Smart Investments).
It is related specifically to the following GREEN CROSS project activities:
- 1.1.3: Develop twining Green Smart Investments Action Plans to incorporate financial benefits and green planning in local governance;
- 1.3.1: Monitor performance of completed investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy, calculating economic benefit per municipality; and
- 1.3.2: Design of incentive schemes for local green businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Develop a local Green Smart Investments Action Plan to incorporate the financial benefits in local governance
- Carry out consultations with relevant institutions to collect relevant data and information on financial integration of green economy principles in the Municipality of Klina’s municipal budgets;
- Present and analyze data and information collected;
- Analyze trends, gaps, challenges and opportunities related to the financial integration of green economy principles and methodologies for inclusive green economy related data in the Municipality of Klina;
- Present conclusions and action oriented recommendations based on the analysis;
- Revise and refine the analysis in the course of drafting the Green Smart Investments Action Plan as per the requirement of this project;
- Monitor performance of completed investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy, calculating economic benefit for Municipality of Klina; and
- Design of incentive schemes for local green businesses and entrepreneurs in the municipality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A master’s degree in economics, finance and/or other related fields or relevant professional experience in the area of public finance management;
- Fluent in written English and written and spoken Albanian;
- Fully computer literate, proficient user of Microsoft Office and good understanding of database software;
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
GENERAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of professional experience covering the identification, formulation and/or evaluation of policies and strategies in the area of public finance including green economy principles;
- Demonstrable experience in leading a multicultural team will be an asset;
- Work experience with other development agencies will be an asset;
- Demonstrable experience in developing an action plan will be an asset
- Knowledge on cross border policies/laws will be an asset
SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable specific expertise in budget support and negotiations with local/national governments on budgetary and financial matters;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the latest developments of national and international, including EU, policies and programmes in the field of financial support, including budget support;
- Familiarity with providing technical assistance in green economy-related fields to EU Delegations will be an asset.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This is a consultancy-based position
Interested candidates should express their interest to email@example.com
The application deadline is 31 May 2020, 23:59.